NOTE:

This began as a Lenten blog-- a goal to write every day for 40 days during Lent. I failed miserabley and only wrote for about two weeks. But I'm keeping the blog up for my random spurts of writing that I want to share with my friends all over the world.

So here 'goes. A blog full of craziness, absurdity, and sass. Full of poetry, fiction, and non-fiction all inspired by my life.

19 February 2010

Navy Blues

I'm not one to hold a grudge. I'm not usually one to be mad at someone or "in a fight" with someone or not speaking to someone. But right now, I've got some beef with this little old lady named the navy.

The navy is taking Colin away today, so today, me and the navy are in a fight.

Okay, so he'll only be gone for three months. And he's going to Europe which is super awesome, and I'm actually a little jealous.

INTERJECTION: I HATE it when people have their iPods on SO loudly in the library or in the computer lab that I can hear them across the room. I swear that every time I sit down to work peacefully at the library, I am distracted by the high pitched tune from a neighbor's mp3, and I am SICK of it. Seriously, how loud do you really need to have your music? If I can hear it all the way across the room, it probably shouldn't be blasting in your ears that loudly. But I'm not a confrontational person, so I guess I'll just let it go. But, girl in the white sweater and brown puffy coat, if you're reading this-- TURN IT DOWN! For all our sakes.

Okay, so anyway, Colin's leaving today and I'm super down in the dumps about it. I try not to let my happiness depend on where Colin is or is not, but it's hard. I go from being 1,000 miles away to being an ocean away. Now I can't even talk to him on the phone regularly. Blah, blah, blah, woe is me, I miss my boyfriend. I won't complain about this any longer, but it's a big part of my life right now, so I've obbs got to blog about it.

He'll be gone for three months, but after that three months, we'll be in Florida TOGETHER! Woot! Plus, while he's gone I get to come up with creative packages to send him. Any ideas?


A Sailor's Blessing
God, bless my sailor, keep him safe
From rivals on the sea.
Protect him from the wind and waves
And bring him back to me.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the need to point out that Kelsey wrote that lil sailor's blessing herself. props. :)

    ReplyDelete