NOTE:

This began as a Lenten blog-- a goal to write every day for 40 days during Lent. I failed miserabley and only wrote for about two weeks. But I'm keeping the blog up for my random spurts of writing that I want to share with my friends all over the world.

So here 'goes. A blog full of craziness, absurdity, and sass. Full of poetry, fiction, and non-fiction all inspired by my life.

26 February 2010

"Hi, Mom"

Has this ever happened to you?

You're in a public bathroom, minding your own business, when the person in the stall next to you says "hello?"

And you think-- why is this person talking to me? Do they like my shoes? Are they out of toilet paper and need me to pass some over?

And just as you are about to answer "hi" back, you realize that they're on the phone with their mom or their boyfriend or someone they feel comfortable enough with to talk to on the pot. Their cell was on silent, so you didn't hear it ring. And you feel like such an ass when you realize it.

This has happened to me more than once, and upon telling my friends about it at lunch today, I found out that this isn't something that happens to everyone.

Don't talk to your friends and family (or anyone) on the phone in a public bathroom, please. And if you do, answer the phone "hi, mom," or "hey, Cory," or something that lets the people in the other stalls know that you're not talking to them.

Thank you.

Kelsey

1 comment: